selectability Training (Australian Company Number (ABN) 36 759 736 468 | RTO Number 0281) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
1. Why we collect your personal information
As a registered training organisation (RTO), we collect your personal information so we can proce ss and manage your enrolment in a vocational education and training (VET) course with us. In order to provide a better service to you, we may collect and process information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.selectabilitytraining.com.au ("our site"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information at other times, for example in connection with a promotion or when you report a problem with our site, if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence, we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
We only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary. Data may be archived as long as the purpose for which the data was used still exists.
2. How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to enable us to deliver VET courses to you, and otherwise, as needed, to comply with our obligations as an RTO.
The purposes for which information may be used by us include:
- ensuring that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- providing you with alerts, newsletter, education materials or information that you requested or signed up to
- carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; designing and conducting surveys/questionnaires for client profiling/segmentation, statistical analysis, improving and furthering the provision our products and services
- complying with laws and regulations applicable to us or any of our affiliates in or outside Australia
- legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts and seeking professional advices
- researching, designing and launching services or products including seminars/events/forums –
- promoting and marketing services and products subject to your exercise of the opt-out right (please see further details below)
- or purposes directly related or incidental to the
We intend to use your data in direct marketing and we require your consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose. By using our site, unless you tell us otherwise, you agree that:
- your name, contact details (including address, contact number, email address), products and services information, transaction pattern and behaviour, background and demographic data held by us from time to time may be used by us in direct marketing
- the following classes of services, products and subjects may be marketed to you:
- services and products related to our site and/or our affiliates (including marketing affiliates programs we are a part of);
- (ii) reward, loyalty or privileges programmes, promotional offers and related services;
- (iii) invitations to events such as seminars/webinars/tele-seminars, conferences, live programs or
We may conduct direct marketing via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication or send e-newsletters to you. You may choose not to receive promotional materials, by simply telling us (see below for contact details), and we will cease to do so, without charge.
3. How we disclose your personal information
We are required by law (under the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011 (Cth) (NVETR Act)) to disclose the personal information we collect about you to the National VET Data Collect kept by the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER). The NCVER is responsible for collecting, managing, analysing and communicating research and statistics about the Australian VET sector.
We are also authorised by law (under the NVETR Act) to disclose your personal information to the relevant state or training authority. We will keep the personal data we hold confidential but may provide information to:
- personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services;
- our offices, affiliates, business partners and counterparts (if any);
- persons under a duty of confidentiality to us;
- persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws and regulations in or outside Australia;
- or actual or proposed transferees or participants of our services in or outside
4. How the NCVER and other bodies handle your personal information
The NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the law including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the NVETR Act. Your personal information may be used and disclosed by NCVER for purposes that include populating authenticated VET transcripts; administration of VET; facilitation of statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage; and understanding the VET market.
The NCVER is authorised to disclose information to the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment (DESE), Commonwealth authorities, State and Territory authorities (other than registered training organisations) that deal with matters relating to VET and VET regulators for the purposes of those bodies, including to enable:
- administration of VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation
- facilitation of statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer
The NCVER may also disclose personal information to persons engaged by NCVER to conduct research on NCVER's behalf.
The NCVER does not intend to disclose your personal information to any overseas recipients.
If you would like to seek access to or correct your information, in the first instance, please contact your RTO using the contact details below.
DESE is authorised by law, including the Privacy Act and the NVETR Act, to collect, use and disclose your personal information to fulfil specified functions and activities. For more information about how the DESE will handle your personal information, please refer to the DESE VET Privacy Notice at https://www/dese.gov.au/national-vet-data/vet-privacy-notice.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. Data transfers
We may hold your data on servers in Australia and any other territories as we see fit from time to time. We may also transfer your data to our overseas offices or to any people listed above, who may be located in or outside of Australia.
You may receive a student survey which may be run by a government department or an NCVER employee, agent, third-party contractor or another authorised agency. Please note, you may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
7. Your consent and rights
By using our service, making an application or visiting our website, you consent to the collection and use of your information and other activities as outlined in this policy. Under the Privacy Act (the "Act"), individuals have the right:
- to check whether we hold personal data about you and to access such data
- to require us to correct as soon as reasonably practicable any data relating to you that is inaccurate
- to ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and the kind of personal data held by us and
- to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data for marketing purposes and we shall not use your personal data for marketing purposes after you communicate your withdrawal of consent to us. You may exercise your opt-out right by notifying us if you wish to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data for direct marketing
8. Contact Us
At any time, you may contact selectability Training to:
- Request access to your personal information
- Correct your personal information
- Make a complaint about how your personal information has been handles
- Ask a question about this Privacy Notice
Please send requests to opt-out and for access to data, correction of data, information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held, questions or complaints to: selectability Training email@example.com.
In accordance with the Act, we have the right to and may charge a reasonable fee for processing any data access request.